Friday, May 20, 2011

this week









Now that Friday is here, I feel I can breathe a little sigh of relief. It has been a busy week, and I'm looking forward to having a little rest on the weekend.

In the house we've been adjusting to the colder weather. I've been trying to keep the fire lit all day.
Flannelette sheets and woolen blankets have been added to our bedding, so we have now blankets and doona's. And I'm still waking up cold. One more blanket next week, I'm thinking.

The short days mean that it's hard to keep up with the washing right now. It often doesn't dry during the day and then it gets the morning frost. But it does dry eventually, which is the main thing.

It's been difficult getting photos of the kids lately as the house is darker now when they get home. But they have been busy with school and an athletics carnival. I think the associated baking to contribute to the catering, plus watching a lot of the events and dashing off now and then to do errands and grocery shopping, is what tired me out this week.

As for Violet, she is just at such a lovely stage right now. Smiley most of the time and often flipping over (and occasionally getting halfway across the room like that), she will be six whole months at the end of next week. How time flies.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Look at all of your lovely knits! Yes, very cold in them there parts. Hot water bottles/heat packs? Evil electric blankets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a baby in a bonds suit, she is so sweet. That daisy bed linen is the second I have seen this week on blogland, my mum had it when I was a kid. Brings back lots of memories....happy weekend to you too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you are writing about adding blankets and we are dreading the heat that will arrive next month. I agree the knits hanging to dry are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wash rack of knits makes me very jealous! They looks so lovely all fresh and waiting to be worn.
    happy winter days to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in that granny rug. Your floors look gorgeous but are they freezing? I am struggling staying on top of the washing too as we keep getting random 10 minute showers that drench everything and I forget to bring it all in before dark and it gets damp again. One small bonus- the kidlets are sleeping in until 6! Melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a warm, restful weekend. I've been trying to tick things off my list of things to do and tie up as many loose ends as possible. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a day out with my family fossicking around a gem fair, hopefully finding some unusual pieces to turn into jewellery.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cold lately! Though i do enjoy the feeling of snuggling under a duvet. Hope you have a very restful weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got such lovely knits and fabrics around your house. Your kids are so cute. We are on extremes sides of the globe, it's hot, very hot here. Have a wonderful weekend!


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.